Data Center Specifications
• 600 Kw of N+1 Redundant UPS power with the industry’s most reliable, comprehensive backup power protection and Generation
• 1,200 kW Dedicated Caterpillar Diesel Generator with a Day Tank and 3000 Gallon Fill Tank Onsite with capability to run without power or external diesel supply for several weeks
• Over 200 tons of cooling capacity and humidity control with year-round capability with 10 Liebert CRAC 30 ton Glycol A/C units
• Dual incoming utility feeds from separate substations off two (2) isolated grids.
With our Data Center in the heart of Manhattan not far from the New York Stock Exchange and other major global financial institutions, Oak Tree is situated at the intersection of two separate major power grids, providing full redundancy and added capacity as needed.
• Triple Pre-Action Fire Suppression System; Fike Fire Alarm System
• State-of-the-art security features
Data Center security is a top priority for Oak Tree. We have ensured the utmost security so that our clients can be assured of the safety of their data. Our Data Center is located in a heavily protected building. Security personnel are on guard 24×7; biometric fingerprint readers are on computer room door locks; strategically placed video cameras operate 24×7; motion detection is utilized; all doors are equipped with alarm systems.
• Oak Tree’s Data Center maintains multiple, private transit, high-speed connections to multiple Internet backbone providers, carried by different telecommunication carriers for added redundancy. If the connection from any single Internet provider should fail, Oak Tree’s dual router configuration will route traffic through a different provider.
• Our Data Center has chosen a private transit internet connectivity strategy in addition to a public peering approach. Oak Tree believes that this strategy provides the very best Internet connectivity, combining the advantages of both and providing an alternative to their disadvantages. Our private and public transit Internet strategy is forward-looking in that it provides the best possible Internet connectivity today and ensures that Oak Tree can provide uninterrupted services to its clients.
• Oak Tree’s Data Center maintains upstream connectivity to top tier providers such as BBN Planet/Genuity, UUNet, Sprint, Qwest, PSI, Intermedia, and others. Our LAN is just as powerful as our Data Center ’s WAN. Utilizing Cisco’s powerful equipment as well as that of other major manufacturers, we leverage an ultra fast, fully meshed and reliable network.
• Oak Tree’s Data Center backbone has the ability to minimize distressed and over-allocated network access points to offer the most reliable and consistent data pipe available today. The network taps into dual OC-48-based connections with direct links to all major carriers and public exchanges.
• Oak Tree’s Data Center brings fiber optic cable from multiple carriers into the facility. Fiber is delivered from different telecommunication Central Offices and enters the building at different locations in physically separate paths that never converge. Dual fiber entry provides redundancy at the carrier level and protection from instantaneous, accidental (or intentional) loss of connectivity.
• Oak Tree can therefore support our clients with the type of connectivity, speed, throughput and security their data warrants. We maintain an internal SLA of 99.999% uptime.
• Today, we are all aware of the reality of network intrusion threats. For Oak Tree, protecting its systems against these has become a vital objective. To accomplish this objective Oak Tree’s Data Center leverages a network intrusion detection system (IDS) capable of performing real-time traffic analysis and packet logging on IP networks. It can perform protocol analysis, content searching/matching and can be used to detect a variety of attacks and probes, such as buffer overflows, stealth port scans, CGI attacks, SMB probes, OS fingerprinting attempts, and much more. The IDS uses a flexible rules language to describe traffic that it should collect or pass, as well as a detection engine that utilizes a modular plug-in architecture. The IDS is able to immediately notify Data Center personnel of anything suspicious, so that we may take appropriate action, from keeping an eye on things, to blocking malicious traffic or even contacting the responsible party.
• Additional logical security includes the use and ongoing maintenance of a state-of-the-art firewall with added intrusion-detection, as well as multiple well-known anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-spyware and anti-malware programs on all our servers.